[wp-hackers] Wp-hackers Stats for January 2006

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sun Feb 19 05:03:13 GMT 2006

_____/ On Sun 19 Feb 2006 04:35:20 GMT, [Jason S.] wrote : \_____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> I don't know if this will be well-received. For what it's worth:
>
> There's something wrong with this data, I'm assuming that this isn't a
> 'life of ML to date'?  Can you tell us at one point this log data started?

Starting: Sun Jan 1 04:21:49 GMT 2006
Ending: Tue Jan 31 20:28:33 GMT 2006
Messages: 653

You're actually quite right as I have just doubled-checked the numbers. Many
messages get discarded, perhaps because they are improperly formatted.
grepping the raw archive, it certainly contains all messages, but that C
program sometimes aggregates several messages, treating them as just a
single.

>> ***** Table showing the most successful subjects:
>> |  1 | [wp-hackers] Need more RSS hooks             |   17 |  7.00 % |
> :D

"most successful subjects" is not my choice of words.

>> ***** Table of maximal quoting:
>> | 10 | jason at zenenet.com (Jason S)                      | 56.42 % |
>
> Ouch... something seems seriously wrong there.

Could be.

_____/ On Sun 19 Feb 2006 04:39:02 GMT, [Jason S.] added : \_____

> Jason S. wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> I don't know if this will be well-received. For what it's worth:
>> There's something wrong with this data, I'm assuming that this isn't a
>> 'life of ML to date'?  Can you tell us at one point this log data started?
>
> I'm a moron.  Perhaps if I looked at the subject line of the message? _-_
>
> This explains the quote whoring a little bit better too.
>
> I don't mind once-a-month stats.  Though I think a pretty html page with
> archives and such would be... well "cute" for lack of a better term.

It exists already, but I just thought it was slightly crude.

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/

I won't be doing that again, I promise. *smile*