[wp-hackers] Inline documentation

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Fri Feb 17 18:39:13 GMT 2006

Abhay Kumar wrote:
>> [snip]
>> I was hoping for some clarification on the term "ick", which doesn't
>> mean much. I suppose that sort of answers for this particular case.
>>
>> The syntax "@param" doesn't mean anything to me. Why "@" on that? Is
>> that supposed to signify something that I'm missing?
>
> It's the phpdocumentor syntax that is used. check the wiki (codex)
> page and read a few of the posts that you missed on this thread.

That puts the emphasis on the HTML output rather than on the person
reading the code, and so really doesn't address the problem that I'm
trying to solve - that is, that when I'm reading the code, I don't know
what it means without reading the entire function.

However, if I thought for a moment that patches of that format would be
accepted, I would be glad to comply with that format.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen at rcbowen.com