[wp-hackers] Poposal to improve Admin menu

Stefano steagl at people.it
Fri Feb 17 16:36:51 GMT 2006

Il Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:07:01 -0500, Doug Stewart
<dstewart at atl.lmco.com> scrive:

>Stefano wrote:
>> I think that the functionality actually provided by the great plugin
>> from Ozh: Admin Drop Down Menu
>> (http://frenchfragfactory.net/ozh/my-projects/wordpress-admin-menu-drop-down-css/)
>> should be included in 2.next release. It' improve the usability,
>> making jump aorun various admin screen fast.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

>I get artifacts using Ozh's plugin due to the large number of plugins
>that have admin pages on my install. The Options menu is constantly
>overrunning the other menus.

 didn't notice it but i have only 5 or 6 plugin with admin page, maybe
turning the 2 level menu to a dropdown menu would help solving the
problem. Moving the plugin admin pages in a specific mennu should
help.

The idea is to have something that allow you to access the second
level options directly without the need to reload page just to have
access to a second level menu, people using slow connection will
apreciate it a lot. :)

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it