[wp-hackers] Filter Hooks for Enclosures

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Wed Feb 15 18:48:30 GMT 2006

The main benefit to using an established library is reliability. This
library has already been tested in the wild and patched, etc. where
new code we write today has not.

A couple hundred lines of code is not a reason to exclude something -
code is cheap (and compressed code in a download even more so). We
could always remove feed types from the library if we felt it
necessary to reduce the code footprint.

The other benefit is that if we find we need something that
FeedCreator doesn't have, we can add it and contribute it back to the
FC project - helping build one great PHP feed creation class rather
than having dozens around that each do a little of this and a little
of that.

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal             Business               FeedLounge
http://alexking.org  http://kingdesign.net  http://feedlounge.com