[wp-hackers] Filter Hooks for Enclosures

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:57:20 GMT 2006

On 15/02/06, Alex King <lists at alexking.org> wrote:
> Why re-invent the wheel then there is already FeedCreator out there
> (which would give us support for more formats to boot)?

This is another real dog-chasing-its-own-tail thread.

Why should we use FeedCreator? Why should we replace about 70 lines of
code with several hundred? I'm yet to be convinced that FeedCreator
and friends can provide anything that a couple of hooks and a bit of
API can't.

Sure, it gives us more feeds. Do we need more feeds? Is there a real
requirement for lots of really obscure feed formats? Plugins can quite
happily define their own feed formats with enough template tags (and
my up-and-coming API to WP_Rewrite).

I just don't see the point.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net