[wp-hackers] Filter Hooks for Enclosures

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Feb 13 14:01:04 GMT 2006

Jamie Talbot wrote:
> The ticket's just for the head sections of the feeds, but you could add a note on the need for other
> areas of the feeds too.  Feeds were heavily discussed here recently, though I'm not sure that any
> consensus was formed at the end of it.  Are we going to be updating the feeds structure and API
> significantly in 2.1?  Is it worth the effort to work up a patch that buffers feed text and then
> passes it to a filter, or this likely to all change?

Here's an off-the-wall suggestion...

What if we built feeds as PHP objects, fed them through a filter, then
converted the object to XML?

There are some extant implementations of Object<->XML in PHP, so it
might not be too difficult a conversion.  Manipulating the feed XML via
DOM in a plugin would be swell.

Before I continue blathering about this, how much does this idea suck?

Owen