[wp-hackers] Data recovery

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Sun Feb 12 16:45:09 GMT 2006

Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
|  Right now, if you delete a post or a comment then it really is
deleted.
|  Unrecoverable.
|  Shouldn't either:
|  - the warning be beefed up a bit, or
|  - the data be made recoverable ?
|
|  Users are used to a recycle bin, and gearing WP toward multiple users
it
|  would seem a decent option to be able to recover anything deleted
within
|  a timescale set by the blog owner.
|  As usual I haven't the slightest clue how to do it, but I would
imagine
|  such a feature would be well received.

to the question of how to do it, here's what came off in my mind right
now.
whatever's being deleted, be it a comment or a post(or page), it can be
tagged with a timestamp when it was deleted. now WP can check to see at
some regular interval if there is any stuff that's beyond the allowed
time &
can purge those items. and the other items whose lifespan in the
purgatory
isn't over yet, they can be displayed on a page in the admin section,
each
with two buttons(Recover & Delete) which allows each item to be
recovered or deleted individually. also a mass delete or recover option
would
be very well recieved!! :)

any thoughts, bouquets or brickbats? :)