[wp-hackers] Data recovery (post_status?)

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sun Feb 12 16:10:51 GMT 2006

Il Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:44:49 -0500, "David Chait"
<davebytes at comcast.net> scrive:

>didn't consider the 'how to put things back' for posts vs comments vs ...  I
>think the period-prefix thing is a potential query bottleneck...
>
>do we simply need a 'trash' flag on all major object tables?  that just
>seems overkill in one sense, in another it simplifies stuff greatly.

I'm for the trash flag too instead that prepending chars to other
fields.

What about the comments marked spam by plugin like askimet? WHen it
deletes them automatically thy will be gone forever or change status
to deleted?

Another not full related problem, actually navigtion in post/comments
it's a pain, a paged system would be necesary in case you get 300
comments deleted and 10 are deleted by mystakes. Maybe the
implementation fo the trashbin panel screen could introduce a sort of
paging system used in alla pages that present large amounts of data

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it