[wp-hackers] Data recovery (post_status?)

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Sun Feb 12 15:40:47 GMT 2006

Why not?  It helps the non-technical users a ton, it makes accidents quickly
recoverable, and you could have a single 'recycle bin' page that shows all
the different deleted items and purges them all with one click.

There's a trash can on the desktop for a reason.  Not just because it makes
drag-and-drop actions possible, but also because it adds a step before you
nuke something.  (And, even then, you've got Undelete tools, which cache it
one level further hidden, just in case you really didn't mean to purge the
things you did!)

If really needed, you could have an options page that allows you to disable
the recycle bin for each class of objects... but I'm not sure how useful
that is.  One more click, or X days later, everything does disappear...

FYI, I don't believe the forums are really a useful place for asking
questions of users...  It is extremely fragmented (okay, unless you sticky a
post on the homepage), and I'm sure not everyone makes it there.  And
Wordpress.com, et al, users probably don't visit much as they are told to go
elsewhere -- yet that's a growing base of 'usability testing' given it's
limits.

-d