[wp-hackers] Data recovery (post_status?)

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 12:26:21 GMT 2006

On 12/02/06, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> Could use postmeta to store the old value.

We could indeed. +1.

> You mean, like going from `post_status` = 'draft' to `post_status` =
> '.draft' ?  That way you could imply "trash" and "where was it
> originally" in one go.

I was thinking we prepend it to the slug, actually.

Anyway, we need to decide whether to use post_status (in which case
we'd need a comment_status, user_status, link_status, etc. for
everywhere else you want this recycle bin to happen) or whether to
prepend something like a period to the respective objects' slugs.
(Note that we currently don't allow periods in slugs so there's no
danger of breakage)

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net