[wp-hackers] imgsize in upload.php

Abhay Kumar lists at abhaykumar.net
Thu Feb 9 14:41:27 GMT 2006

Could someone clarify why we wouldn't want some backend php code [e.g.
imagesx($img), imagesy($img)], to calculate the images parameters? Is
it becuase we don't want to depend upon php_gd?

Also, I could understand why one would want to define the image's
dimensions (or maybe the width dimension/relative size) for the image
to appear correctly within a post, but the full height and width? I
don't see the purpose. Perhaps I'm being shortsighted.

Abhay

On 2/8/06, Dion Almaer <dion at almaer.com> wrote:
> Craig,
>
> You are right about the border="0" for the generic case.
>
> It was pragmatic in my situation.
>
> I care more about the width/height being put in programatically.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dion

Abhay Kumar
http://abhaykumar.net/