[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Stefano steagl at people.it
Wed Feb 8 15:10:04 GMT 2006

Il Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:51:26 -0500, Doug Stewart
<dstewart at atl.lmco.com> scrive:

>Most plugins are the work of a single author, with little code control
>or existing bug tracking interface.  The best way to keep plugins
>working and up to date is to bug the authors, a task which is best left
>to a decentralized infrastructure (i.e., let the people who use the
>plugins annoy the plugin authors).

If you ask people devoted to assistance on forum they will tell you
that even if rhis should/would be the perfect way, zilion of reqyest
are for plugin not working, how to patch etc etc. We can arrange to
say: don't bug us ask the plugin developper... but i think it's a bad
way to give support, people want hi wp installation working with the
plugin they like, the righ and only thing we can answer is for
example: Don't use the tagXYZ plugin it's a poor plugin and no more
supported by auther, use tagQWERTY plugin that is "officially approved
by WP" and that updated to last wp realese. This willmake user having
an happy expirience.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it