[wp-hackers] 2.next - faster

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 14:22:01 GMT 2006

Well, WP-Cache fixed some bugs in Staticize certainly, and makes the cache
accessible via a plugin interface and admin panel.  But the basic approach
is the same.

As for caching to the DB, that's something that would almost need to be
profiled on a system to suggest whether it would be faster or slower.  Is
sql on the same box as apache?  In single box, is it memory-heavy so sql can
cache things?  In either case, is sql bogged down with queries?  Is
drive-access really fast (optimized for read-speed) for loading up cached
page off disk vs across network?  Etc., etc.

Agreed, it could probably use further improvement, but even where it stands
today it solves a lot of problems, and only creates a few. :)

-d