[wp-hackers] 2.next - faster

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Wed Feb 8 11:23:45 GMT 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 08:00:38PM +0900, Jamie Talbot wrote:
> Sebastian Herp wrote:
> > That's true. But those filters could still be executed on the
> > "pre-rendered" content. But plugins like dofollow, textile, markdown,
> > external link finders, etc do not need to filter the content every time
> > it's displayed, do they?
>
> That's true :) But we'd need a way to distinguish between those
> plugins that do and don't...

Different hook for each place, then --> fix plugin.  :)

I think it would be a good thing, and not so difficult to fix in the
plugins.

It would be good to have a standard way for the plugins to figure out
what version of WP they are in.  Maybe there is, and I just haven't
learned about it?

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--