[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Feb 8 01:40:26 GMT 2006

Ryan Boren wrote:
> If a plugin in wp-plugins needs to be updated to work with a new
> release, the crack team of plugin gardeners can fix it and commit the
> change.  I can't fix a plugin that lives in a repository to which I do
> not have committ access.  That's the main advantage from my point of view.

It's not an invalid advantage by any stretch.  And yet, in an
environment with two primary committers with deific control over the
core repo, you can see how I would feel oddly about this.

I mean, I can't set permissions on my own repo for developers I trust
with my vision, but any old gardener can come along and modify my code
as they see fit?

I know I'm not the only one that sees something weird going on here.

Owen