[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next [s]

John Ha [c] khanh at netspace.net.au
Wed Feb 8 01:07:27 GMT 2006

+1
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matt Mullenweg
  To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
  Sent: Wednesday, 8 February 2006 10:44 AM
  Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

  Owen Winkler wrote:
  > Still, no amount of plugin repo gardening is going to convince me that
  > hosting at wp-plugins.org (or any other simple download-only plugin
  > repo) is better than hosting my stuff myself.  It bothers me to think
  > that my own code won't be a part of the official plugin effort unless I
  > submit to the restrictions listed above, which aren't really of much
  > benefit to users of my plugins.

  You don't have to *host* your plugins on wp-plugins.org, the site is
  intended purely for developers. It's for hosting development. Run your
  own bug tracker, downloads, whatever the hell you want. But if you want
  to be part of the official plugins infrastructure, and get all the
  promotion as a result of that, keep the source code (or a copy of it) in
  the official SVN repository.

  --
  Matt Mullenweg
  http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com

------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ]
------------------------
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com.
For your security, khanh at netspace.net.au
digitally signed this message on 08 February 2006 at 01:07:28 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
------------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjh3cC1oYWNrZXJzQGxpc3RzLmF1dG9tYXR0aWMuY29tAGtoYW5oQ
G5ldHNwYWNlLm5ldC5hdQBlbWFpbCBib2R5ACAEAAB8AHwAAAABAAAAUETpQyAEAABhAg
ACAAIAAgAg8VGtcvYHOvWkCvgOMX2lA8lp65NgG+XmR5CoW8On08gBABh9ddIwqVYrJzb
+YRTkO3r9j+q978iHOOe1FIMyNojdown0AdKibeH62iBK9z8RcqtIDWdYPSrcwxw1jzxs
We7rU2lnRW5k