[wp-hackers] 2.next - faster

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:24:14 GMT 2006

On 2/7/06, Scott johnson <fuzzygroup at gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct.  While I hate to say "wait for people to upgrade to php5",
> the opcode cache is standard (from what I know) in php5.  Waiting for
> people to upgrade to php5 would save a lot of engineering effort.

Hate to be a slap of reality, but PHP5 does not include an opcode
cache, although there are PECL extensions such as APC for it.

On the bright side, PHP6 has talk of including an opcode cache,
however nothing is in concrete, and PHP6 is still, at the very least,
over a year away from its first stable release, more likely a year and
a half away from its first RC release.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com