[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:11:32 GMT 2006

On 2/6/06, Craig <nuclearmoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ryan said:
> "Plugins not in the wp-plugins repository simply won't get the developer
> attention that plugins that do reside in wp-plugin will get."
>
> Ryan,
> I don't disagree with your points at all, and certainly I like that there
> would be an advantage for plugins that are in the repository to get some
> developer-lovin', but part of this discussion is around trying to reduce
> some of the support issues on wordpress.org. Unless the support forums go
> the way of "official support only for repository-registered plugins" this
> won't reduce the traffic on the support forum.
>
> Not a simple issue, to be sure. Time to put the thinking cap back on and
> ponder this a bit more...

Craig, if you provide plugins which are known-good (or even
known-better) hopefully people will start using them in preference to
others that are not "known" to be well behaved. This will reduce
support requests, at least during upgrades by more than a little.

Carthik.
> Craig.

Ph.D. Candidate
University of Central Florida