[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:22:24 GMT 2006

Ryan said:
"Plugins not in the wp-plugins repository simply won't get the developer
attention that plugins that do reside in wp-plugin will get."

Ryan,
I don't disagree with your points at all, and certainly I like that there
would be an advantage for plugins that are in the repository to get some
developer-lovin', but part of this discussion is around trying to reduce
some of the support issues on wordpress.org. Unless the support forums go
the way of "official support only for repository-registered plugins" this
won't reduce the traffic on the support forum.

Not a simple issue, to be sure. Time to put the thinking cap back on and
ponder this a bit more...

Craig.