[wp-hackers] Bizarre /cache/ experience with wp_object_cache.lock

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 15:32:54 GMT 2006

+1  Given the 'marginal gains', and given that it does absolutely freaky
things if it is in a bad state (one case was caught, you've hit another),
object caching should be DISABLED by default, and require enabling by an
advanced user (given 'average' shared hosting user won't see much of a
gain -- say compared to the wp-cache factors...).