[wp-hackers] Development for 2.next

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Fri Feb 3 13:52:29 GMT 2006

Owen Winkler wrote:
> One thing I've advocated is that there be a direct URL in WP-Cron for
> wget'ing it from a real cron.  This would allow for reliable execution
> that doesn't potentially delay any site output.  It would still work the
> same way, executing hooks based on preset intervals, but it could be
> made to do it more regularly.

I asked in #wordpress for details about this awhile back, but I forget
if you answered.  Do you want a single "?cron=go" trigger, which merely
executes whatever hook is next scheduled to fire; or do you want more
granularity ( "?cron=60" or "?cron=15" ) in order to specifically call
just the hooks you want?

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35