[wp-hackers] Development for 2.next

Scott johnson fuzzygroup at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:16:42 GMT 2006

I used to hack on drupal and, yes, they do have it.  As a general rule of
thumb the Drupal project's code is *excellent*.  The overall product is too
complex (imho; send flames to /dev/null) but the code quality is great.  I
respect those guys deeply.

If I need to "borrow" code for a project they are often where I turn
honestly.

On 2/2/06, Pete Prodoehl <pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com> wrote:

> Dougal Campbell wrote:
> > Owen Winkler wrote:
> >>
> >> * Built-in pseudo-cron with matching hooks to go along with future
> >> posting.
> >
> > I'd be in favor of pseudo-cron in the core. It would just be such a
> > useful thing. Interesting plugins could arise from hooks like
> > 'new_hour', 'new_day', 'new_week', 'new_month', and 'new_year', among
> > other ideas.
>
> Hasn't Drupal had a cron-like thing forever? Any Drupal hackers here?
> Would it be worth looking at what they did?
>

> Pete

J. Scott Johnson
Ookles launches 2/28/06 - have you signed up yet?
new startup: http://ookles.com/
blog: http://fuzzyblog.com/
podcast: http://techwarstories.com/
fuzzygroup at gmail.com