[wp-hackers] Development for 2.next

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Feb 2 20:34:05 GMT 2006

Il Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:47:07 -0500, Dougal Campbell
<dougal at gunters.org> scrive:

>> * Include vital notices ("Upgrade available!", "Security release
>> available!"), customize the feeds, and add more plugin hooks to the
>> Dashboard.
>
>+1 for upgrade notices. But rather than checking every time you visit
>the dashboard, I'd suggest either using a "Check for updates" button, or
>a weekly pseudo-cron (see, a use case!).

+1 for the idea to have it a pseudo-cron.

>> * Better/new default theme - something more easily customized by casual
>> HTML coders.
>
>Yes, more "official" default themes. Or one really cool, mega-flexible,
>backend-configurable one. "Sidebar1: left/right/none", "Sidebar2:
>left/right/none", "Footer: yes/no", "Archive links:
>Sidebar1/Sidebar2/none", "Choose a header graphic", etc. With separate
>settings for the single template. Pipe dream?

SOund quite similar a Them i'm working on, with for example space in
Admin Panle to insert the plugins tags and let them shw up without
need to edit core file of the theme, random images in header, bloglogo
fi present, author pict and bio, show calendar or not, programmable
menu and some other stuff. Acytualliy I used Ozh's Theme Toolkit but
planning to switch to self made controla panel for localization
problems.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it