[wp-hackers] caching doesn't work?

Nathan Ollerenshaw chrome at stupendous.net
Thu Feb 2 06:07:36 GMT 2006

On Feb 2, 2006, at 1:16 AM, David House wrote:

> You need to define('DISABLE_CACHE', true) to turn it off.

Hi David,

Using ab with DISABLE_CACHE set to false:

Time per request:       288.096 [ms] (mean)

With DISABLE_CACHE set to true:

Time per request:       272.454 [ms] (mean)

Its about the same. With the wp-cache plugin, I used to get up to 100
requests/sec out of WP 1.5, and about 3.5/sec without the wp-cache
plugin - which is very similar to the numbers I'm getting out of WP
2.0.1, which suggests to me that even though objects are getting
written to disk, it's always going to the DB for every request.

It could be a combination of my plugins, but disabling everything and
dropping back to standard 2.0.1 doesn't seem to have an effect.

I'll have a dig and see if I can find something.

Can someone else do some ab's against 2.0.1 and compare it with 1.5
running wp-cache? I'd like to know if I'm the only one seeing a
difference here.

Cheers,

Nathan.