[wp-hackers] Akismet and 'Scape

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Wed Dec 27 15:26:22 GMT 2006

___/ On Wed 27 Dec 2006 06:38:54 GMT, [ Matt Mullenweg ] wrote : \___

> Computer Guru wrote:
>> Why does Akismet always insist on labeling trackbacks from Netscape as spam?

That's  a pretty bad thing, with around 1000 trackbacks sent
per day. I'm a Navigator there, so I'll let the devs know.

>> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Hard to say, your best bet is to mark it as "not spam" in your
> interface and send in a note through the contact form:
>
> http://akismet.com/

Matt, I'm receiving only a patchy assortment of this mailing
list's  messages. I don't know if it's mailman or my  daemon
that's dropping them. The recent rise in volumes off SPAM is
worrying me a lot and, yes, I know it's slightly off topic.

Spam surge drives net crime spree

,----[ Quote ]
| The tussle between computer security companies trying to protect your PC
| and the bad guys that try to compromise it is often characterised as an
| arms race.
|
| [...]
|
| Windows is the favourite target of malicious hackers
|
| [...]
|
| "92.6% of all e-mail messages are spam," said Dan Druker, spokesman for
| Postini. "That's the highest it's ever been."
`----

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com >> GPL-licensed 3-D Othello