[wp-hackers] Mike Little's Blog...

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Dec 22 07:24:24 GMT 2006

On 12/22/06, Robin Adrianse <shorty114 at shorty114.net> wrote:
> Anybody have any thoughts on switching off of magpie to something like
> simplepie? Ive never used it myself but ive heard nothing but praise.
>
> On 12/20/06, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> > Is your feedreader subscribed to Planet or Mike's own feed?
> >
> > If the former, WP uses MagpieRSS as its in-built "client" of sorts for
> > subscribing to Planet feed. MagpieRSS: http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > It hasn't been updated in ages, so that makes me think that if MagpieRSS is
> > the weak-point it's a Conditional Get failure. I've been speaking to the

I honestly never heard of it, though I do use MagpieRSS on my own
website and in several contracts for clients. I'm always willing to
try something new though... but then again, if it's not broke, why fix
it?

Nevermind.
Just checked, SimpleRSS isn't PHP. It's Delphi and Kylix.

The Magpie project really shouldn't die out - the original codebase is
excellent. Why coud improve it in the WP core, and then submit patches
to the original project you know...
--
Computer Guru
Founder