[wp-hackers] Detecting and fixing non-compliant themes

John Joseph Bachir jjb at ibiblio.org
Fri Dec 22 03:40:26 GMT 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Dan Kuykendall wrote:

> For podPress I have to hook into the wp_head() call which should be in
> the header.php and the wp_footer() in the footer.php
>
> However, I have been getting bug reports from users saying that the
> player didnt work or that there was some javascript error. These things
> would be caused by those two calls not being done in the header.php and
> footer.php
>
> To solve this I added a little code to detect theme compatibility and if
> non-compliant it will let the user know whats wrong and how to fix it in
> the theme.

It's funny, I was just thinking about this problem the other day, and
considering making a "theme validator" plugin which checks for the
existence of all hooks. Shall we join forces?!

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/