[wp-hackers] Garland controversy?

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Dec 15 19:20:13 GMT 2006

>They're really upset about this. I was just wondering what Matt and Co. had
to say about?
You can tell them that three days later, this is already old news. :)

Matt has apologized for any branding and linking confusion and announced
that the theme will be disabled until after the Drupal 5.0 release and
Drupal.org has acknowledged this and Matt confirmed it on their site.

http://drupal.org/node/103007#comment-180011

My question is if the WP port will be made available for download sometime
later.

Matt's on top of all this and has done the right thing.

It's a lesson to all of us though, that when we port/convert something, it
is a REALLY good idea to give the original author one more review before it
goes live.  In the GPL world, you don't have to agree to everything the O.A.
says, but it will help you avert (or prepare for) any nasties like this
coming down the road...