[wp-hackers] Hiding upload section

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Thu Dec 14 16:05:38 GMT 2006

Just and FYI on this issue from last month. I ended up writing my own
plugin to handle relocating the file upload section. The box is moved
into a dbx panel and now functions similar to the the Custom Field,
Trackbacks items. You can collapse it out of the way or move it
around in the list.

The plugin can be found on the WP-Plugins.net site
http://wp-plugins.net/plugin/relocate_file_upload/#plugin_1896

P-

On Nov 25, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Paul Menard wrote:

> Well first let me apologize for the wording of the original
> request. I agree I should have checked the support forums first.
> Didn't really mean to start a whole other thread on when questions
> should be posted here versus the WP support forum.
>
> My real reason for posting here was more a 'Why doesn't the upload
> section minimize like the other items on the page, Custom Fields
> for example'. I don't want to actually remove the section
> entirely.  If that were the case I know where the code is to rip it
> out. It's more a question of screen real estate. My intention was
> to possibly have this functionality *standardized* and not require
> a plugin.
>
> P-
>

> On Nov 24, 2006, at 6:57 PM, Michael B wrote:
>
>> http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2006/09/26/clutter-free/
>>
>> Among other things, the upload section can be hidden, and what is
>> nice, is
>> it's by user, not globally.
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> And to keep things standardized, this *should* be a support forums
>> thread,
>> not hackers...
>>
>> not saying, just saying....
>>
>> ~miklb
>>

>> On 11/24/06, Paul Menard <codehooligans at codehooligans.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Greeting all.
>>>
>>> So I'm working on a plugin and just had a thought. Not related to my
>>> development but wondering if anyone is aware of a way to hide or
>>> minimize the file upload iframe section? Ideally I'm looking for
>>> something like the Custom Fields section that can be collapsed so it
>>> does not take up so much space. Of course there might be something
>>> with iFrames I'm not aware of that does not allow this.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Paul