[wp-hackers] Memory Space Changed Simultaneously

John Joseph Bachir jjb at ibiblio.org
Mon Dec 11 05:45:57 GMT 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Computer Guru wrote:

> What happens in PHP if a single address in memory attempts to be changed
> at the very same exact time/cycle?

This is (or shold be) impossible. PHP and the core libraries are
threadsafe, so unless you are using the shared memory facilities or
spawning threads without semaphoring your resources, I'm not sure what
could be causing the problem.

> I have a problem with an auto-prepended file, it's the request_uri fix I
> developed for WP users earlier, and it attempts to write to the global
> $SERVER_[REQUEST_URI]
>
> Since it's an auto-prepend file, the likelihood of simultaneous access
> is very high, and under load I see this error:
>
> Error using $this when it's not a context

I guess this is what is causing your problem, but I don't know what you
are referring to :) could you elaborate? What does auto-prepend mean?

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/