[wp-hackers] I love the new feed support structure!

Dan Kuykendall dan at kuykendall.org
Fri Dec 8 18:24:39 GMT 2006

I have been in the process of updating podPress to support WP2.1 and I
have to let you all know that Im very impressed in a number of areas.

I do have that big with the is_category() but it was easy enough to work
around, so its not preventing me from accomplishing anything.

There are some very cool new changes in the code that I wanted to that
the developers for. The wp-feed.php was always a limiter for me and I
had to include a replacement version of this for my users up till now.
Now, with no changes to any of the files included with wp2.1 I can have
alternate feeds like this

standard rss feed, includes all posts
http://dev21.mightyseek.com/?feed=rss2

podcast only feed. filters out posts without a media file enclosure
http://dev21.mightyseek.com/?feed=podcast

since WP2.1 still has atom 0.3 format here
http://dev21.mightyseek.com/?feed=atom

I added in atom 1.0
http://dev21.mightyseek.com/?feed=atom1

In addition, my request for a hook in the categories admin page now
allows my category casting support to work out of the box.

Now if only someone will add in the one liner I need in
wp-commentsrss2.php then I will be down to a very limited set of
optional files
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3456

--
Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
http://www.mightyseek.com

In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.