[wp-hackers] Re: Changing MySQL minimum version

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 10:36:39 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 10:28 +0200, Computer Guru wrote:
> *BUT* not MySQL 4.0 and not PHP 4.0. The latest stable and compatible and
> tried-and-tested I'd gander.

Yeah, I started learning PHP by reading a PHP 4 guide and programming
after doing an 'apt-get install libapache2-mod-php4'.

Not long after, I realised that the version installed on my machine (PHP
4.4) was completely different from the one that the book was written for
(PHP 4.0) and because it taught techniques relying on register_globals
being activated, all the demo code and samples broke. They were both PHP
4, but completely incompatible.

--
Jeremy Visser
Email: jeremy.visser at gmail.com GPG id: CF13C41A