[wp-hackers] Improving WordPress' Performance WAS Changing MySQL minimum version

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Dec 1 09:30:49 GMT 2006

Computer Guru wrote:
> Nope. I'm no DB expert, and I do know that 2.1 is heavily improved. I just
> thought there might be some people that had ideas. I had no idea MySQL OK'd
> our DB structure.. that's awesome :)

I'm sure there is a ton left to improve post-2.1, but if we stick to
specific ideas or suggestions we can probably keep these threads shorter. :)

The best way to get a performance enhancement into WordPress is to
measure, measure, measure. Benchmark before and after, share the
results. Make sure there are no regressions.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com