[wp-hackers] Re: Changing MySQL minimum version

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Dec 1 08:52:56 GMT 2006

Robert Deaton wrote:
> I think we need the ability to exclude multiple categories, and if
> subqueries is the fancy item we need to achieve that without a nasty,
> nasty query, then I think we need it. And do you have benchmarks or a
> quantifiable difference between the 4.1 and 5.x? A few minutes of
> searching produced nothing on the subject.

I don't recall exactly where I read or heard it, this blog entry makes a
minor reference to needless subqueries:

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/08/11/database-problems-in-mysqlphp-applications/

But that's not what I was referring to directly.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com