[wp-hackers] 1+1=2 or the meaning of AMP. WAS: So, this whole .htaccess thing...

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Mon Aug 28 14:13:59 GMT 2006

Handy Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:33 PM
>"when not in a *AMP world" would be IIS.  A = Apache.

Well, knowing AMP is an acronym and not another software package makes a
number of posts a lot clearer.  I've always assumed it was some software
package I've never heard of.  The acronym isn't used all that often on this
list.

Just, in case there are any other people on this list who have also wandered
what the heck this AMP software is:

AMP = Apache/MySQL/PHP
AMPP = Apache/MySQL/PHP/PERL

* could be  L for Linux or W for Windows

Thus LAMP or WAMP are also common acronyms.

And this explains the naming of the XAMPP package which has different
flavors for the operating
Brian Layman
www.TheCodeCave.com