[wp-hackers] Widget definitions inside classes

Jamie Talbot wphackers at jamietalbot.com
Sat Aug 26 01:56:41 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to keep code to define a widget and its control neatly inside a class definition, but it
doesn't seem to be possible.  Has anyone found a way to do this?  There doesn't seem to be a
mechanism for doing so, like exists for filters and actions.

register_sidebar_widget('Languages', 'MyClass::my_language_widget');

doesn't work, and would be no good anyway as it would be a static function and there's no $this
available.

register_sidebar_widget('MyWidget', array(& $this, 'my_widget'));

like

add_filter('the_content', array(& $this, 'my_the_content_filter'));

would be useful.

Cheers,

Jamie.

--