[wp-hackers] content-type before title

Sean Hickey seanhickey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 05:20:58 GMT 2006

It'll take me a little while to track down "proof", if there is any.
The reason for putting the content-type before the title, is because
the title may have "unusual" characters in it, with non-standard
encoding (Think a Japanese website, with a Japanese title). The
doctype, html tag, and head tag, are *guaranteed* to always be
"normal" characters -- there's no way for them not to be.  Anything
past that, including the title, may contain extended character sets.
That's why you notify the browser of the character-type before it has
a chance to encounter non-standard characters.

- Sean

http://www.headzoo.com
http://www.480x.com