[wp-hackers] URL Re-writes for WP 'Pages' or MultiplePermalinkstructures

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 15:16:56 GMT 2006

I've been thinking along these lines, as well as along the plugin kind of idea of Bogar's previous post, I don't want to add much[any] overhead to the system, so the .htaccess would likely be the best method for scaling, however, I've tried a number of iterations and you do end up with the 'multiple paths problem with the most viable (read:working) .htaccess methods,

I've been examining classes.php pretty closely, and have also had the following thoughts;

1) Everything needed to accomplish something like this already exists within the existing WP re-writes code (eg, the %pagename% tag/slug for permalinks)
2) another 'quick and dirty' approach would be to change trailingshlashit() to .htmlit() -- everything - /category /year/month, etc would end up with .html instead of "/".
3) could also do a plugin based on #2.
4) the *simplest* solution (best IMO) is to find a way to feed more than one permalink structure (example, one for pages, one for archives, one for cats, etc) to the existing system.

~~
Christopher J. Hradil
http://hradil.us