[wp-hackers] Securing Wordpress Login

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 12:53:31 GMT 2006

On 8/23/06, Jeff Minard <jeff at jrm.cc> wrote:
> I DO agree that having a password "strength" indicator would be a great
> core feature -- consider it a live version of the typical (?) link that
> says "use gud passwurds".

Considering the sheer number of WordPress powered blogs that are out
in the wild and how few of them have ever been attacked, I would say
pretty much anything discussed in this thread (except *maybe* strength
indicator) is best suited as a plugin. This is pure conjecture, but
I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of blogs that have ever been
compromised is closer to 0% than it is 1% of the installation base.

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore