[wp-hackers] Comments Database

trd at ntsshow.com trd at ntsshow.com
Thu Aug 17 19:00:20 GMT 2006

Okay, this is what I have done. I copied my themes page.php and renamed
it page2.php.  I then opened the Admin Panel in WP and chose "Write
Page"  titled it "Shout Outs" then used the dropdown menu on the side to
select the page2.php template.

The problem is that any comments on my "Shout Outs" page are stored in
the default wp-comments database.  I have a "Recent Comments" plugin
that reads any comments in the wp-comments database and posts them to
a certian page in my main WP site. I don't want the comments posted on
the "Shout Outs" page to be included. So that is why I created the second
database wp-comments2.  I just can't get the page2.php to store the
comments there.