[wp-hackers] Request new function: get_plugininfo()

Sean Hickey seanhickey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 06:23:54 GMT 2006

> It's a good idea, I approve. My one other request would be for a
> plugin to have a way to get its own version number. Obviously you

I thought the same thing, since the plugin's version number is another
value I tend to store in a variable, even though it's already been
defined in the plugin's header info.

I tried to work that into the idea, but the WP function that parses
the plugin header info isn't available at the time when plugins are
included.  Doesn't mean it can't be done, but I wanted to get opinions
before putting too much effort into the idea -- or submitting it to
trac.

- Sean
--
http://www.headzoo.com