[wp-hackers] MT import issues... stripping HTML

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Mon Aug 14 15:47:29 GMT 2006

> Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:02:30 +0200
> From: "Lee Kelleher" <leekelleher at gmail.com>
> Subject: [wp-hackers] MT import issues... stripping HTML

> Also they had some JavaScript blocks in their blog postings, (bad
> form, I
> know).
>
> I know that the rouge HTML tags were stripped out by 'wp_filter_kses'
> because they weren't in the '$allowedposttags' array set.
>
> My question is this... is there any way I can re-import the MT content
> without having that HTML stripped out?  Does the MT Import code
> ignore that
> I was logged in as an Administrator and have 'unfiltered_html' caps?

I had a similar experience. For years, a client had been uploading
images to their MT blog with Ecto, using the "Thumbnail" mode, so
that clicking images would display them full size in a pop-up. Every
img tag had a little JavaScript reference as an attribute, and the WP
importer stripped every one of them without notice, leaving him with
plain image links. I finally fixed the problem by setting the client
up with the LightBox WP plugin as an alternative, but man, I hated
the MT --> WP importer that day.

Would be great if there were some user-controllable options for this
kind of thing in the importer UI.

Scot