[wp-hackers] Security issues with multi user installation

Francis Reyes Francis.Reyes at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 10 03:40:04 GMT 2006

The themes are a big security risk in WP, considering they are php files
(and therefore, can execute any command on a unix level as the server).
As a precaution (though offers very little protection) is to setup the
multiple blogs to use separate databases (with different db_users and
capabilities). This would prevent some blogs from messing around with
other people's blogs.

Also, I would recommend changing all .php files to read only by the
server, except wp-content is extremely vulnerable. You could remove
write access to wp-content, but users will never be able to upload their
own themes.

FR