[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:17:28 GMT 2006

I understand those who just want to blog, and not learn Xhtml and CSS, but
is that really the focus of installing WP yourself?  Isn't that what
wp.comis, or *cringe* blogger?   Isn't that what the 1000 odd themes
at
themes.wordpress.net are for?  Or god forbid, they hire someone to create it
for them?

My point is, should the self installed version of WP be catered to the
lowest common denominator?  And not for those who desire to learn how to
"do-it-themselves"?

That's my point with a default theme that's structured for someone who might
know some HTML and CSS, but is new to the WP code structure.  Give them a
solid, commented theme that they can dig into.  If someone wants to offer a
WYSIWYG theme, more power to them.  But it shouldn't be default.

~miklb