[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Wed Aug 9 18:12:34 GMT 2006

I'm jumping in late, but I'm guessing the original intent was a "Admin Panel
Configured" simple theme.  That is, you don't need to know CSS (or really
HTML).  You pick options from an admin screen.  Color choices, font
selection, sidebars, widgets, whatever.  Not getting into whether the admin
screen is wysiwyg, ajax, etc., it could certainly be populated with enough
control that someone who has no clue about CSS (again, or html) could have a
shot at a slightly-personalized blog. ;)

This is similar in notion to my CG-FlashyTitles plugin -- which creates PHP,
JS, and CSS snippets inline into the output, in order to 'hook in' sIFR
flash font replacement.  Meaning the user doesn't need to know PHP, JS, or
CSS to use it.  Also means they don't EDIT any PHP or CSS files (basically).

-d