[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Rob Miller r at robm.me.uk
Mon Aug 7 19:33:55 GMT 2006

Robert Deaton wrote:
> On 8/7/06, Rob Miller <r at robm.me.uk> wrote:
>> See the recent "'For the rest of us' Theme" thread for some good
>> discussion on this :)
>
> To me, that thread is an entirely different discussion, on how to make
> a theme that should not go into the core. Its an interesting concept,
> no doubt, but I have doubts as to how complete it will be, and I think
> that the whole thing is too much bloat for the core.

Well it depends on who we're aiming it at, I guess; there are themes
like Sandbox, self-professed "themes for themers" that are beautiful
markup-wise but not visually, and there are themes that might not be the
best markup-wise but are beautiful looking.

We could combine the two---having the default theme be a modification of
Sandbox, for example---but, like Ryan says, aiming for 2.1 might be a
little soon.

--
Rob Miller
http://robm.me.uk/ | http://kantian.co.uk/