[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Mon Aug 7 19:29:15 GMT 2006

Doug Stewart wrote:

> Not to be a parade-rainer or anything, but the out-of-the-box Sandbox
> theme looks polly-wolly crappy.  I mean, seriously, what are we,
> Texpattern? *grin*

Sandbox isn't meant to be an out-of-the-box pretty-wowee-zowee theme.
It's meant to be a wow-cool-lookidat skeleton, on top of which you can
build your own pretty theme.

> I think a nifty idea might be to ship a Sandbox config with a Kubrick
> scheme predefined - make a WP 2.2+ blog look exactly like 2.0, only with
> nifty semantic markup powering the beast.

I just downloaded Sandbox earlier today, and it already comes with a
predefined Kubrick look-alike skin.

I fully understand Ryan's comment about not trying to squeeze a new
default theme into WP 2.1. But I would definitely be in favor of basing
a future default theme on Sandbox, with some pre-prettified skins
bundled in.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/