[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 19:31:06 GMT 2006

I'm not of the mind that a new release should have a new "snazzy" theme as
default simply because of it's aesthetics, rather that the default theme
should be a solid building block for new users of WordPress.  I'm more of
the mind the default theme should be a bit vanilla.

I agree that attempting to teach CSS and XHTML within the theme is the wrong
approach, rather the WP code should be in it's most current state, and
clearly and heavily commented.  I'm also of the mind that the the markup
should be semantic, but also written in a manner that a beginner can
follow.  I think that would eliminate some headaches in the support forums,
and it would allow someone with either the skills, or adventure, to
customize and create their own look.

~miklb

As stated, I'm 100% committed to joining forces with anyone interested in
creating such a theme.