[wp-hackers] Issues with wpautop and my plugin

Rob Miller r at robm.me.uk
Sat Aug 5 11:47:03 GMT 2006

Viper007Bond wrote:
> Yes, but then my quotes get turned into fancy quotes and such. Is the
> best solution to have a priority of 50 and then search for my
> WordPress formatted version of my placeholder?

Remove `wptexturize`, add your filter with a lower priority than
`wpautop`, then re-add `wptexturize` with an even higher priority than that.

remove_filter('the_content', 'wptexturize');
add_filter('the_content', 'your_function', 25);
add_filter('the_content', 'wptexturize', 50);

--
Rob Miller
http://robm.me.uk/ | http://kantian.co.uk/