[wp-hackers] Full-page Plugins

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue Aug 1 19:05:06 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused about the best way to have a plugin seize control
of the entire page. I don't want any Loop or posts or anything, I just
need my plugin to hijack certain requests and then inject arbitrary
content between the theme's header and footer.

Hijacking requests is no problem, given the init hook, but I'm less
sure about how to proceed with the rest. Will I need to create my own
"page template" that contains a callback to the plugin's content
function? If so, is there a straightforward way to package such a
thing?

Thanks,

Mike